Training and Speaker Services
For High Schools, Colleges, and Youth Programs
I routinely speak at high schools, colleges, and youth programs on a wide array of topics and formats. I can create a workshop or facilitated discussion specifically for you that engages a diverse audience and incites critical and thought-provoking dialogue that’ll hopefully continue long after my session my over. I can also deliver keynotes for special occasions.
My speaking style is conversational, and combines both wit, humor, and narrative storytelling to deliver poignant insights and commentary on important issues.
Below are some talks I’ve given, including workshops and discussions I’ve facilitated. This is not all encompassing but intended to provide a range of what kind of topics I can speak about. Please reach out to me if you already have something specific in mind.
- Principles of Afrofeminism
- New Narratives, New Voices: What is Diversity, Anyway? (Recommended for Student Leaders)
- How I Survived High School as a Triple Minority
- Write Your Own Manifesto: A Workshop for Girls
- How To Be An Ally
- Coming Out in Communities of Color
- Third World Feminism: Why I’m an Afrofeminist
For Non-Profits, Grassroots Organizations, Small Businesses, and Artists
Below is a short list of offerings for-profits, grassroots movements, social enterprises, and educational institutions via monthly consulting services, workshops, and speaking services.
Workshops and Trainings
- Social Media 101 (Note: Multiple modules offered, covering Twitter, Facebook, and Best Practices)
- Social Media Bootcamp (Day-Long Workshop)
- Personality Typing for Volunteer Coordinators (or Anyone Who Has To Manage Do-Gooders)
- Principles of Afrofeminism (TM)
- Ethnicity Matters, “We’re Not all Black the Same Way”
- Challenging Sexism within the LGBTQ Community
- Let’s Face It, Collaboration Sucks: The Dos and Donts of Coalition Building
- Beyond the Brochure: Creating Safe Spaces for LGBTQ Youth
- Write Your Own Manifesto: A Literary Workshop for Social Change Agents
- The Elephant in the Room: Suicide and Self-Care in Communities of Color
If you’d like to request an appearance based on interest on any of the following or you have some ideas yourself — I’m always happy to customize workshops and/or present informal talks on peripheral issues — please feel free to get in touch with me!